Sunday, March 6, 2016

Who's Watching What? ~ March 2016 Edition

Inspired by this post, we thought this would be a fun way to introduce our readers to the varying tastes the three of us have in dramas.  The Ambassador didn't have time to dig up the March Taiwanese and Japanese drama releases, so it's just Korean and Chinese dramas this time around.

These answers were given independently of each other- before each of us had read the other responses.  Basically, Empress and Ambassador agree on everything except for vampires... and Unni makes sure we don't freak ourselves out with what we watch; which makes for plenty of laughter and teasing during our three-way discussions.


Kdramas:
~ Babysitter
Empress: o.O I am intrigued. I actually hadn't heard about this one before...I'll certainly be checking it out.
Ambassador: YES.  Especially since it's the same PD who did White Christmas.
Unni: probably not. It sounds like a story I was too afraid to write. Nope. Kids+Violence=Negative.
Empress:  I'll let you know if it is indeed about violence + kids...in which case I'll probably come to you howling that you are wise and I am stupid...
Ambassador: Empress, you and I should watch it together. [Can you imagine what watching WC together the very first time around would have been like?]
Empress: WC together the first time around....wow.....I dunno, given that I watched it in like 2 days....watching it /with/ someone might have done me in....XD


~ Goodbye Mr. Black - March 16!!!
Empress: DEFINITELY.  I can see The Count of Monte Cristo being turned into makjang craziness, but honestly the story kind of already /is/ makjang, so if it's done right it should be okay.  :D Then again, it's based on a story based on a story, so how close to Monte Cristo are they actually getting?
Ambassador: Given how I eagerly haunted news sites for all tidbits of this drama and then ran to you both with said tidbits, I don't think there's any question whether I'll be watching this one or not. It will take priority over all other March dramas- equal priority with Descendants of the Sun.  Even if it bears only a passing resemblance to the Count of Monte Cristo, seeing the three-way dynamic of Lee Jin-wook, Moon Chae-won and Yoo In-young will be worth it.  March 16- I can hardly wait!
Unni: Yes!


~ Jackpot
Empress: I'm going to check this one out...I'm curious about JGS in a sageuk, and if Yeo Jin Goo continues to improve, he's going to be a really good actor - the kind who makes checking out his dramas worth it.
Ambassador: Definitely watching because: it's an interesting premise, it's Jang Geun Suk in a sageuk (I'm not a fan of the actor but I've seen clips of him in sageuk before and he was pretty good) and Yeo Jin Goo is stellar.
Unni: Fan of JGS but not sure I like the plot and premises. I might stalk the drama for him and see if it’s interesting.


~ Marriage Contract
Empress: Right now I'm not interested in a main-character-dies plot...and I haven't finished the last Uee drama I started.
Ambassador: Interested only because UEE is starring, so I might check it out for her sometime, but certainly not soon.
Unni: Raises minor flag of interest, but not really going for it.
Ambassador: What was the last UEE drama you started, Empress- Golden Rainbow? I still need to see that. 
Empress: Last UEE drama - High Society....which I heard was lousy anyways, so I have little interest in going to finish it, even though it started out semi-interesting...


~ Memory
Empress: Eh...I'm over lawyers with Alzheimer's at the moment...but given how good Resurrection and Devil are supposed to be, I'll probably put it on my list if it's said to be really good.
Ambassador: Not interested at the moment, although the revenge trio dramas are on my list.  I'll probably read recaps of this one. There's been quite a bit of buzz around it- I'm not sure if it's due to the actor or to the writer/PD team.
Unni: *hail to a new twist in memory lapses* no thank you.


~ Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi
Empress: Probably not...(The times I say Nope are always the times I later end up watching...XD)
Ambassador: Also not interested- probably will check out recaps.
Unni: nope.


~ Monster/Tyrant
Empress: Park Ki-woong is in it, Ambassador... I don't think that's enough to get me to watch 50 episodes about revenge, especially when I still have 43 episodes of awesomeness to watch in the form of Six Flying Dragons, so...I'll probably wait until his next drama to see him back from the army.
Ambassador: I wasn't planning on trying this one until I found out that it will be Park Ki Woong's comeback drama. I'll still probably wait to watch it, but I'll definitely check it out.
Unni: if you start this drama, dig two graves.


~ Mrs Cop 2
Empress: I planning on trying this one. I haven't seen Mrs Cop 1, but this one looks more interesting. And Kim Bum as a villain is bound to be interesting. {Plus the visuals so far are kind of gorgeous. Beautiful dramas intrigue me.}
Ambassador: Most DEFINITELY interested. Here's hoping I can manage to not fall for aspects of the villain... but I won't make any promises. Because I like living dangerously. :)
Unni: Haven’t watched 1....probably won’t watch 2.
Empress: But it has Kim Bum being villainous in it, Unni...isn't that intriguing? XD {Have you seen him in anything other than BOF?? I have started SO MANY things with him in them and then quit...I am searching for something of his to watch and enjoy...something tells me this might not be it...but...I am still intrigued. XD}
Ambassador: Kim Bum has definitely proven he's way more than just a flower boy actor (Hidden Identity is good, though not stellar)... but I hope he doesn't completely leave the flower boy roles behind. Please do some more good historical dramas in the next few years, Bum ssi.


~ My Little Baby
Empress: I'll probably read a few recaps, and if it's good I'll try it. It has the potential to be super funny, so I'm keeping it in mind.
Ambassador: Not interested at the moment, but might check it out if the reaction to it is good.
Unni: This sounds interesting...I might watch it if it get good reviews because BABY!!!! But violent crimes....and baby, possibly not so much.
Ambassador: Yeah, violent crimes + baby is an interesting juxtaposition.
Empress: Hopefully no violent crimes occur in vicinity of baby...apparently all 3 of us are waiting for other people to decide this one's worth for us... XD


~ Neighborhood Lawyer Deul Ho/My Lawyer, Mr Jo
Empress: Probably not unless I hear rave reviews. It is a webtoon adaptation, which so far usually means good things (unless they change it up from the webtoon, grrr), so I'm slightly interested. Not enough to put it on my list right now.
Ambassador: Not immediately interested but possibly sometime.
Unni: Yay....for lawyers this season, good thing I am not interested?


~ Page Turner
Empress: It's short, written by someone who wrote a drama I adored and one I liked decently well, and it has Kim So-Hyun and Ji Soo in it. Absolutely watching.
Ambassador: I want to try it but I'll probably wait until after it's done airing and watch it all at once.
Unni: Short drama raises a interest flag. Chances low.


~ Pied Piper
Empress: DEFINITELY. I'm kind of sad it's not Liar Game 2 happening, but I'll take what I can get.
Ambassador: NO WAY IN BLAZES AM I /NOT/ CHECKING THIS ONE OUT. LG team, plus the storyline plus the TITLE. Yep. For sure. I might have to watch it after it airs though, depending on where all the dramas wind up falling on my priority list.
Unni: Hmmm....after watching the trailer. Probably not. It seems like probably a better version of 24, and I am not interested in watching cute Korean police officers die, after they wrap heartstrings around mine.
Ambassador: I know, right, Empress? LG2 would've been superb but hey, we'll take this one, too. (Maybe if it's popular enough, they'll decide to revive LG2.)


~ Vampire Detective
Empress: Naw...not even for Lee Joon. XD {Having not seen any of the previous Vampire-Police dramas, this is less likely.}
Ambassador: Planning on watching, partly for the premise, partly for Lee Joon, partly because a friend liked Vampire Prosecutor so much and said SK really knows how to do vampire stories and I want to experience it for myself.
Unni: WAE??????? How is this a good idea???
Ambassador: vampires... um, it's a good idea because SK has a very different take on vampires than America does.... :)


Cdramas:
~ Fifteen Years of Waiting for Migratory Birds - the heroine has been in love with the hero for 15 years.
Empress: Sheesh, girl, get moving. Probably not... :) I've heard more interesting plot lines before...XD
Ambassador: No way, this sounds as dull as ditchwater.
Unni:  I hope he’s worth it. Probably just about as interesting as me waiting for the toad I kissed when I was four....well I guess that is worse, I’d be waiting for him for 23 years now.
Empress: I hope he's worth it too...*dying*


~ God of War - period drama, Lin Gengxin and Yoona, also Godfrey Gao.
Empress: o.O Innnnnteresting...okay, it sounds slightly more intriguing than the other... :D I have so many kdramas I want to see I don't know when I'll get to this one, but I may at least put it on my list.
Ambassador: Planning on watching, partly for the title/storyline, partly for the actors.
Unni: YAY WAR!!! YAY MORE PEOPLE DYING!!!! YAY!!!! <-SARCASM!!!!
Ambassador: EVERYBODY PROBABLY DIIIIIIIIIIES AND IT'S ALL TRAGICALLY GREAT. ;)


~ Liu Shan Men - detectives in the Ming dynasty have to solve mysteries, murders and deal with palace power plays.
Empress: Sounds very typical C-drama...and since I have others on my list I probably won't be adding this one yet.
Ambassador: I put it on my TBW list because it looks interesting but I won't try it right away.
Unni: *headdesking* yes, typical Chinese plot. Not interested in people dying right now.



1 comment:

Erudessa Aranduriel said...

Me wants to see Mrs Cop 2.......but that it merely because it has Kim Bum in it. I really, really like him, although where I am in BOF right now I want to punch him. I have to admit that I might, MAYBE.......have a teeny, weeny crush on him. He kinda sucked me in with the first smile.