Thursday, May 12, 2016

WWW ~ May 2016 Edition

The BHCB picks for what we're watching this May!  (And we're only 12 days late, yaaay.)


Korean Dramas:
~ Lucky Romance 
Empress:  *rolls eyes* *rolls eyes again* 1) not feeling like rom-coms at the moment 2) I resent the cheap nerd who believes in marriage as it's meant to be. :P
Ambassador:  When the synopsis for this first came out, I wasn't interested.  THEN they cast Lee Soo Hyuk as second lead.  I'm ABSOLUTELY watching it now.  Especially since his character will be a tennis player.  Despite the iffy sounding premise, it's a primetime kdrama so it can't be TOO bad, so YES, I'll be watching it... while patiently waiting for Lee Soo Hyuk to be cast in a lead role.  However, depending on how they handle the fortune telling and seduction aspects, I'll drop it, if I can't condone it.
Empress:  Wait, WHAT? C'mon, drama-world...Well, I agree that kdramas can tone down some pretty questionable material...most likely I'll only watch clips, though. Supplied by you. XD
Unni:  WAAAAAAAAAY too much questionable material for me. Okay Secret Garden with the body swapping was interesting but...seductions and fortune tellers no thank you!


~ Beast’s Beauty/The Beauty of the Beast
Empress:  My list is too long to be tempted by this. XD I, on the other hand........ :D
Ambassador:  The name is enough to pique my interest; I love Beauty and the Beast stories.  This doesn't appear from the synopsis to be a classic B&B type plot, but it does sound pretty good.  Plus, I've heard good things about Nam Goong Min's acting from the Empress.  
Unni:  Hmmm...this one looks like something I might watch. I’ll probably wait to see some reactions and clips before I commit.


~ Another Oh Hae Young
Empress:  Curious about the seeing the future part...maybe. If it gets good reviews I might check it out. :D
Ambassador:  Rom-com isn't my favorite genre but this one sounds like it will be a lot of fun.  It’ll be interesting to see Seo Hyun Jin and Jeon Hye Bin face off against each other- I've liked what I've seen of both of their acting in other dramas.  Also KIM MI KYUNG IS IN IT.  And Lee Jae Yoon.  Lots of great reasons to check it out besides the quirky synopsis. :D
Unni:  This could be so cute and comical! I’ll probably wait to see how it’s going before jumping on board.


~ Dear My Friends
Empress:  Nope. I saw trailers and was not interested.
Ambassador:  Not really interested.  Not even for Lee Kwang Soo.
Unni:  This sounds sweet! But not enough to make time to make it work.


~ Mirror of the Witch
Empress:  It sounds a little bit like Rapunzel...and what I've seen looks visually gorgeous, but I'm unlikely to watch it until I know more about the role of magic in the story. Then we'll see.... :D
Ambassador:  YES, I'M WATCHING THIS.  I've been wanting Yoon Shi Yoon to do a sageuk since I first saw him in Flower Boy Next Door and the fact that it's fantasy is the icing on the cake.  This will be his first starring role since his return from the military and I've been anticipating it since the news first broke.
Unni:  Okay! This seems just a little to dark for me and a little too much magic for my personal taste.


Chinese Dramas:
~ Little Husband
Empress:  *wrinkles nose* Mostly likely not. :)
Ambassador:  Nah.  Not my type.
Unni:  Nope! Poor Guy!


~ Precious Youth
Empress:  That sounds long. XD Probably not.
Ambassador:  Not really my type either, and I have too many other dramas to even think about trying this one right now, though Liu Shishi and Zheng Kai make it tempting.
Unni:  Sounds way too long for my interest level.


~ First Love
Empress:  LOL nope. XD
Ambassador:  Sounds like a soap opera.  Not interested, even for Hawick Lau.
Empress:  :P Same. Even with an intelligble synopsis.
Unni:  Not interested.


~ To Be a Better Man
Empress:  Most interesting so far, but still no.
Ambassador:  Sounds interesting but not enough to make me add it to my list.
Unni:  Interesting...but not list worthy.


~ Les Interpretes
Empress:  I kinda like the title. But nah.
Ambassador:  Yes, I want to see this one.  There has been quite a bit of buzz about it and Yang Mi usually plays fun characters.
Unni:  This one sounds like it could be really interesting.


~ Chinese Paladin 5
Empress:  It takes a lot to make me interested in Chinese dramas. And this sounds like the type of storyline I disagree with on a basic theological level. XD My list is way too long...
Ambassador:  I started Chinese Paladin 3 but haven't finished it yet.  I'm putting this on my 'to try some day' list because I do want to see it, but don't have time for it now.
Unni:  Someday I want to try a Paladin...but I have yet to make time for one, and with all of the fairy stuff. I am just not sure.


Japanese Dramas:
Because Japanese drama airs by seasons and the spring season started in April and runs until June (I think), there are no new Japanese dramas on which to report.

Empress:  In other words, I MIGHT CATCH UP ON SOME OF THE OTHER DRAMAS I'M SO BEHIND ON. :D YAY.
Ambassador:  SAME HEEEERE.  Waaaaay too many dramas and NEVER ENOUGH TIME.



What May dramas will you be watching?

2 comments:

Faith said...

It's really nice to see a list of the dramas that have come out in May; I have trouble remembering them all, lol. I'm not really interested in any of these K-dramas for right now - just trying to catch up with oldies. But I do want to hear about how Ambassador is liking Lucky Romance and Mirror of the Witch. :D

The Ambassador said...

I will keep you posted!