Saturday, April 9, 2016

ReQuotes: Descendants of the Sun ~ Episode Thirteen

With everyone back in Seoul, the life-and-death action takes a shift downward, but still manages to keep the narrative from falling apart and feeling too bland.  We also receive Yoo Ah-in's highly anticipated cameo.




Mo-yeon: The only thing that I saw at that moment was the explosion.  Everything collapsed around me and became a mess.  My heart raced and my mind became numb.
Pyo Ji-soo: What is she talking about?
Former Urk Volunteer Nurse: About the earthquake she was in.
Ji-soo: Earthquake?  Aren’t you talking about the moment you fell in love?
Mo-yeon: Oh right.  Hey.  You’re the one that told everyone that I was dating, right? 
Nurse: Everyone already knew about it when I arrived in Korea.
Mo-yeon: Then who was it?
Ji-soo: What does that matter?  It’s true.  Talk about that man.  How is it going out with a man who is in special forces?
Mo-yeon: You get to know what to do when a car is hanging off a cliff, how to get out of a minefield and what to do when held hostage while wearing a bomb.  Things like that.
Ji-soo: What is she talking about?
Nurse: I can’t figure it out this time. 


Shi-jin: Are you happy to be back in Korea?
Mo-yeon: I’m still a bit swamped.  I kind of miss Urk.  There aren’t any singing soldiers here.  You’re not here either.
Shi-jin: Are you missing the soldiers or me?
Mo-yeon: I miss the peace in Urk.  I’m talking about that. 


Shi-jin: I’m sorry to bother you, but I have a message to deliver.
Dae-young: You seem to pick these moments to deliver your messages.
Shi-jin: It’s what I live for these days.  Here you go.  It’s an order for your transfer.
Dae-young: Is it for Lieutenant Yoon?
Shi-jin: Yes.  She will return to Korea. 
Myung-joo: Really?  How could this happen?  Did my dad pull strings?
Shi-jin: Why are you talking about the Commander?  It’s an order from the battalion commander and my influence.
Myung-joo: What kind of influence do you have?  You can’t even look after yourself.


Shi-jin: She regained her health, but she needs to take absolute rest for some time.  I’m worried if she’ll be okay here.
Lt. Col. Park: So, are you saying that she should go back to Korea?
Shi-jin: Well, when Lieutenant Yoon was sick and hovering between life and death, you wanted to send her to the U.S. Army base.  If she finds that out, I’m sure she will be very disappointed.
Lt. Col. Park: Yoo Shi-jin!  Let me get this straight.  Is this a threat?  Because if this is a threat... it’s working.


Kim Eun-ji: You seem eager to show off your hard work.  They sent you there for voluntary service, but I hear you got a boyfriend.  I heard you are going out with a soldier.
Mo-yeon: Did you make sure not to perform a surgery on any wrong patients while I was gone?
Eun-ji: You are ridiculous. There was a rumor that you and the hospital director were dating.  But I can’t believe that you already got a new boyfriend.  Is that why you got fired from the VIP ward?
Mo-yeon: Doctor Kim.  From the past month of doing volunteer service, I’ve learned quite a lesson.  We are all happy.  I want you to be happy too.  And you should also become a better doctor. 
Eun-ji: Stop bragging.  All you did is just give them shots and take some pictures.  Do you think you are Schweitzer or something? 
Eun-ji: Ooops.  don’t be upset.
Sang-hyun: I know what you are all thinking right now. 
Min-ji: It was the most unpleasant moment in my entire life.
Mo-yeon: Why didn’t I do anything?  I should have pulled on her hair.
Ja-ae: I know.  I had two free hands, too.
Chi-hoon: I should have thrown the tray at her.  I should have been wild.


Dae-young: Current time is 16:43.  For the next 72 hours, we shall drink.
Shi-jin: Don’t even think of trying to run away.  To zero nights.
Dae-young: And three days.


Mo-yeon: What’s going on here?  When did they get here? 
Myung-joo: Why are you so late?
Mo-yeon: I just got off the night shift.  Do they always drink until they are hammered?  What kind of a reunion is this?  I bought clothes and put on facial masks to go to the airport.
Myung-joo: The kimchi stew here is good.  You should try some. 
Mo-yeon: Where are you going?
Myung-joo: To the base.  I’m not on furlough. 
Mo-yeon: Don’t go alone.  Take Dae-young with you. 
Myung-joo: Zero nights and three days.  He’s staying here.


Mo-yeon: Mom?
Shi-jin: Mom?!
Mo-yeon: Mom’s coat.  Mom’s bag.  Mom.
Mrs. Kang: Who is this young man?
Shi-jin: Nice to meet you.  I’m Mo-yeon’s boyfriend.  My name is Yoo Shi-jin.
Mo-yeon: Are you my boyfriend?  Really?  He’s my boyfriend.  Isn’t he handsome, Mom?
Mrs. Kang: You always go too far whenever you drink.  She’s a good girl, but she has bad drinking habits. 
Shi-jin: I don’t mind that.  I think it’s cute.
Mrs. Kang: I’m glad you think so. 


Shi-jin: Are you sober?
Mo-yeon: Of course I am.  I didn’t drink that much. 
Shi-jin: You did.  You change when you’re drunk. 
Mo-yeon: Don’t say that.  That was me.  I remember everything. 
Shi-jin: I don’t believe that.  Oh, right.  What did your mother say?  Did she like me?
Mo-yeon: Did you meet my mother?  When?
Shi-jin: You don’t remember a thing!  Don’t you dare drink with other guys. 
Mo-yeon: Hey, look at you being jealous. 
Shi-jin: You’re still drunk, aren’t you?
Mo-yeon: Hey, you’re so smart!


Ahn Jung-joon: How is the wound I gave you last time?  I’m sorry about that.
Shi-jin: Are you here because you got demoted?  Sorry about that.
Jung-joon: You're still as witty.  Would you like to see who wins this time, minus the pen?
Shi-jin: I doubt you want my help to write a report.  I won’t go lightly just because you're the host.
Jung-joon: You're still as gutsy.  Be glad that you’re our guest and that we’re facing the same way.  For fighters like us, we’re only at peace when we’re facing the same way like this.


Chairman: How is Dr. Kang?  Is she struggling in the emergency room?
Secretary:  No, she is actually very cheery.
Chairman: Are you sending her flowers every day?
Secretary: She returns every delivery.  Thanks to her, my office smells very nice. 
Chairman: Have you found out about her boyfriend? 
Secretary: That’s what I find strange.  My army friend can’t find out much about him.  I only found out that he’s in Special Forces.  But I got my hands on a photo. Here you go.
Chairman: Are you kidding me?  Which one is he?
Secretary: I don’t know that yet.
Chairman: What?  You little....
Shi-jin: It’s this person. He’s Dr Kang Mo-yeon’s boyfriend.  Born in 1983.  His name is Yoo Shi-jin.  He’s a captain of the Korean army.  He’s a Pisces and his blood type is A.
Secretary:  I see.  It’s this person.
Chairman: But this person is him!
Shi-jin: Yes, well then I’ll be off.


Mo-yeon: What are you doing?
Shi-jin: I thought the size would be similar to my hand, so I bought it in this size.  I think I was right.  I bought a present.
Mo-yeon: Did you just measure the size of my neck by strangling me?
Shi-jin: No.  My hand just went very near to your neck.


Waiter: It’s been a while.  But I see that your girlfriends have changed.
Myung-joo & Mo-yeon: Girlfriends?
Waiter: They came with a wolf and a rabbit last time.  Stuffed animals.  Please enjoy.
Dae-young:  This is my real girlfriend.  
Shi-jin: This is my comrade.
Mo-yeon: Comrade?
Shi-jin: Yes.  We fought and won in Urk. 
Myung-joo: When did you come here?  And what was that about stuffed animals? 
Shi-jin: It’s when your boyfriend got into a fight against 17 men in order to get his phone back which had your photo in it.  It was the most difficult battle that I’d ever fought.


Mo-yeon: By the way, Lieutenant Yoon, how do you know Sergeant Major Seo’s password?
Myung-joo: I set it for him.  He thinks it’s the only password you can set.
Shi-jin: When you buy a phone, they give you a little pamphlet.  It includes detailed instructions on how to use your phone.
Dae-young: It’s fine.  That’s the only password I know of.


Myung-joo: How could you do this?  How could you make me find out like this?
Dae-young: I know how you feel but....
Myung-joo: Don’t pretend like you know.  You can’t do this to me if you know.
Dae-young: I decided to do this to not to break up with you.  Did you think it was easy for me?
Myung-joo: It was not easy, I know.  Then what about me?  Do you think it was easy for me?  It’s a promise I got after threatening my dad with my life.  Did you think it was easy for me to be so bold? 
Dae-young: Exactly.  Why did you do that?
Myung-joo: Because you kept on running away.  Where were you when I was fighting against my dad?  Do I mean anything to you?  How could you not say a word?  How could you not ask me?
Dae-young: I did ask you.  I asked you a multitude of times.  The times I ran away represented a hundred words, and the darned times when I couldn’t pick up the phone was a thousand times asking myself.  And how could you ask your father to do that?  I guess we didn’t mean much to each other. 
Myung-joo: How is that the same?  I tried to make him understand. 
Dae-young: That’s how you made me look foolish.  I need to be acknowledged, not understood.  I wanted the commander to choose me because of me and because of who I am, not because his daughter asked him to.  But, if the only reason he agreed to let us see each other was because it was a wish from his daughter who almost died, I cannot be with you.


Shi-jin: Are you eating that by yourself?
Dae-young: It’s too little for two.
Shi-jin: Did you only buy one?
Dae-young: I bought two and ate them both.  I'm craving sugar.  I think I have depression. 
Shi-jin: My gosh, how can you get depressed so suddenly?
Dae-young: I broke up with Myung-joo.
Shi-jin: WHAT?  Why?  Who broke up with whom? 
Dae-young: I got dumped.  I can’t tell you the reason.



No comments: