Sunday, April 10, 2016

ReQuotes: Descendants of the Sun ~ Episode Fourteen

The action ramps back up in this one, which again had me squealing out loud.



Mo-yeon: Please don’t do this to me.  You can’t do this to me.  Please wake up.  Please wake up, you fool!
Shi-jin: That really hurts.
Nurse: His heartbeat has returned.
Mo-yeon: Shi-jin, can you hear me?  Do you know where we are?  Can you see me?  Can you hear me?
Shi-jin: What about Senior Lieutenant Ahn?
Mo-yeon: What?
Shi-jin: The other wounded patient who came here with me.  Is he alive?
Mo-yeon: Who is he?  Who on earth is that?  This is not the time to worry for others.  You just came back from the dead.  If the cardiac arrest had lasted another minute, you'd be dead.  I wouldn’t have been able to save you. 
Shi-jin: Your pretty face seems very familiar.
Mo-yeon: You jerk!


Nurse: There’s a rumor that he’s a North Korean.
Eun-ji: Should we be treating North Koreans?
Chi-hoon: Of course.  He’s wounded.  We took an oath.
Eun-ji: Weren’t you scared?  He was covered in blood with gunshot wounds.  I’m pretty sure running into billboards drunk can’t do that.
Chi-hoon: I’ve seen worse in Urk.  I've witnessed men staring down their gun barrels, screaming “Alert, Alert.”  I’ve heard triggers clicking, “Hands up.  Move and I’ll shoot.”
Eun-ji: Stop messing around.  You made that up.
Ja-ae: I really want to kick you.  Check the news.  Politicians make me so angry.


Chairman: I can fight, too.  I served in the army.
Secretary: Did you really?
Chairman: Who do you think I am?
Secretary: A draft dodger, sir.
Chairman: That’s not what I asked!


Lt. Col. Park: Has he said anything?
Sergeant Choi: Sr. Lt. Ahn’s still quiet.  Captain Yoo is doing the talking.
Lt. Col. Park: What’s he saying?  Is he urging him to negotiate by mentioning his family?
Choi: Well sir, he’s saying that adding vinegar gives it a zing and mustard gives it a zap.
Lt. Col. Park: WHAT?
Dae-young: They’re talking about naengmyeon.
Choi: It’s Sr. Lt. Ahn’s exclusive recipe.
Lt. Col. Park: Are you all out of your minds?!  There’s a report due soon and they’re discussing condiments.  How can a captain be so clueless about official protocols?


Shi-jin: Did you find anything out from the chip in his arm?
Dae-young: It’s protected by a very sophisticated code.  It’ll take a week to break it.  The North wants us to hand him over by tomorrow morning.
Shi-jin: We’ll most likely comply.  We don’t have time.
Dae-young: Getting him to talk is best. 
Shi-jin: He knows you’re listening in, so he’s reluctant to open up.
Dae-young: This is usually when photos of his mother and family should come in handy.
Shi-jin: Let’s try something else.  I need Mo-yeon’s help.  I also need the chip.
Dae-young: Do you mean the chip which is being analyzed by NIS this very instant?
Shi-jin: Will it be hard to steal?  I think we made a mistake.  We should’ve made a copy first. 
Dae-young: Do you mean something like this?
Shi-jin: You’re so smart.


Mo-yeon: I need ten minutes.  This is the only probable place without listening bugs.
Ji-soo: Listening bugs?  What are you talking about?
Mo-yeon: It’s best if you don’t know.  Right now, I work for the government.
Ji-soo: Does the government know about this?


Shi-jin: Are you trying to avoid Commander Choe who is coming to get you?  I thought about why you came looking for me.  I’m your friend from far away, because your enemy is also my enemy.  Am I right?  Did you betray your country, or did your country betray you?
Ahn Jung-joon: A warrior never betrays his country.  Please.  Help me escape.
Shi-jin: You’ll die if you go back.  Regardless of who betrayed whom.
Jung-joon: There is something I must finish. 
Shi-jin: I said you’ll die.
Jung-joon: Even if I do, I’d rather die on home soil.  Please let me go.


Hee-eun: Did you see Doctor Kang’s boyfriend?  I heard that he is handsome.
Ji-soo: What’s the use of being handsome when he got hospitalized with a North Korean solider?
Hee-eun: I heard that the North Korean soldier is also handsome.
Ji-soo: I hope reunification will happen soon.


Dae-young: She’s coming.  There's 10 meters left.  Hurry up, there’s 5 meters left.
Shi-jin: I can’t take off my pants because of my cast.
Dae-young: My gosh, why did you get it done again? 
Shi-jin: I wanted to commit a perfect crime. 
Dae-young: She’s here.  Hurry up. 
Dae-young: He just fell asleep. 
Mo-yeon: It’s good to sleep a lot.  I hope he didn’t go out or anything. 
Dae-young: Of course not.
Mo-yeon: I’ll be back once he wakes up.
Dae-young: Okay.
Shi-jin: My gosh, that was bad.  Help me.
Dae-young: Why did you get another cast?
Shi-jin: I didn’t get hurt because I wanted to.


Mo-yeon: What are you doing here? 
Myung-joo: It’s been a while.  How have you been?
Mo-yeon: Every day is filled with incidents.  Are you here to see Shi-jin?
Myung-joo: Yes.  He’s not dead, is he?
Mo-yeon: Not yet.  I'll probably end up killing him soon though.  Go ahead.  Dae-young is there, too.
Myung-joo: I saw his car parked when I was parking.  That’s why I’m here.
Mo-yeon: What do you mean?  Did you two fight?
Myung-joo: No.  We broke up.  We have nothing to do with each other anymore. 
Mo-yeon: Really?  Why?  When?  Well, I understand.
Myung-joo: What is with your conclusion?
Mo-yeon: I mean that I understand.  His room number is 710.They are like the characters from Dumb and Dumber.  I hope the country never finds out that they are like that. 


Shi-jin: Dae-young, if she brought something, you should at least ask her to sit. 
Myung-joo: You two can talk.  I’m leaving.
Dae-young: I’ll leave.
Myung-joo: I’m leaving.
Shi-jin: Who will I be with if both of you leave?
Myung-joo: It would have been better if he was lying down in bed.
Shi-jin: He did lie down in bed instead of me a while ago, actually.  Did you know?  Dae-young is very feminine.  He even ran his fingers through his hair and....
Dae-young: I was just joking.
Shi-jin: Right, he even had this facial expression on, too.  He said ‘oh my’ as he ran his fingers through his hair.
Dae-young: I didn’t say 'oh my'.
Myung-joo: My goodness.  You really are like Dumb and Dumber.  Rest well.


Ja-ae: What do you think they’re doing?
Sang-hyun: In my opinion, they fought, and Myung-joo probably broke up with him for Dae-young’s sake.  That’s why Myung-joo can’t give in.  Because Myung-joo is a good woman.
Ja-ae: In my opinion, Dae-young knows where Myung-joo hid.  He wants to go after her but he can’t do that.  He wants to keep Myung-joo’s pride because she hid it so well.  Because Dae-young is a good man.


Sang-hyun: Choose one.  What do you like?
Ja-ae: I like this one.
Sang-hyun: Hey, you just interfered with my life.  Why did you do that?  Do you like me?
Ja-ae: The employee recommended this one, too.
Sang-hyun: You were watching me.  Why?  Do you like me?
Ja-ae: Yes.
Sang-hyun: You said you like me.  Why?  Do you like... wait, WHAT?


Mo-yeon: Don’t be scared.  I’m off duty.
Shi-jin: Why didn’t you go home? 
Mo-yeon: I am your guardian until today. 
Shi-jin: When do I get dismissed?  Can I stay here for a week?  I love seeing you once every two hours for a checkup.
Mo-yeon: If you love it so much, why did you go out?  Where did you go?
Shi-jin: I went to the rooftop to get some air.
Mo-yeon: I went there to check.
Shi-jin: I didn’t say I went to the rooftop of this building.


Shi-jin: I am sorry for worrying you.  Thank you for saving my life.
Mo-yeon: Why do we always thank each other for saving one another’s life?  Other couples thank each other for dropping one another home or for doing something special on their anniversary, don’t they?
Shi-jin: I am sorry.
Mo-yeon: Are you sure?
Shi-jin: What do you mean?
Mo-yeon: I saw the kind of peace you have kept on the news.  But if you are really sorry, don’t ever appear before me covered in blood.  Please.
Shi-jin: Copy that.



No comments: