Saturday, April 2, 2016

ReQuotes: Descendants of the Sun ~ Episode Eleven

Delivering another solid episode with an epic ending, Descendants of the Sun again had the Empress and I squealing to each other breathlessly.




Mo-yeon: But what if we really are infected?
Myung-joo: Are you afraid?
Mo-yeon: Aren’t you afraid?
Myung-joo: I've told you before of what I'm most afraid.


Shi-jin: Then what do we do?
Mo-yeon: I’ll try everything possible to help fight it.  I’ll try my best not to lose against it.  Fighting against a virus is a doctor’s battle. 
Shi-jin: I’m reassured to have such a reliable comrade.


Ja-ae: This will sting a bit.
Sang-hyun: You were always great at drawing blood.  You draw it out from your first go. 
Ja-ae: I wasn’t like that from the beginning.  It was only after practicing on a doctor friend when I was a student nurse.
Sang-hyun: You remember.
Ja-ae: Every time I draw blood, I’m always thankful.


Shi-jin: I’m very bored. 
Dae-young: I’m sorry for being here at a time like this. 
Shi-jin: If you're sorry, get out safely.  I won’t mind you making trouble, so just get out safely. 


Myung-joo: Do you remember the white dress I wore the second time we met?  You asked me if I was dressed like a ghost.  I keep thinking about that moment.  It seems like that was a foreshadow.  I will really become a ghost if I die now.  I don’t want to die.
Dae-young: You are an angel.  From the moment I met you, you’ve been an angel to me this whole time.  I want you to know that.
Myung-joo: You are so kind to me when I’m sick.  *whispers* But what’s the difference between a ghost and an angel?  They’re both dead anyway.


Ki-bum: Wow, do doctors study even when they are sick?
Sang-hyun: Soldiers go to war even when they are sick, don’t they?


Shi-jin: Speaking of blood test results, what is your blood type?
Mo-yeon: Your ideal type.
Shi-jin: Try one more.
Mo-yeon: A beauty?
Shi-jin: One more.
Mo-yeon: A doll?
Shi-jin: I lose. 
Mo-yeon: I just gave it a shot.  You cheer me up when I’m down.


Hee-eun: You’re in isolation?  why?  Are you infected by the virus?
Chi-hoon: I could be, but not yet.  I guess I was isolated to become a real doctor. 
Hee-eun: That’s what you say after calling for the first time in a month?  Do you know how worried I was?  I thought you were going to divorce me. 
Chi-hoon: Hey.  That’s not a bad idea.  You could get a fortune in alimony. 
Hee-eun: WHAT?
Chi-hoon: I love you, Hee Eun!  I love you so much!
Hee-eun: It really is you.  You’re back.


Argus: It’s good to see familiar faces.  A former comrade.  My lifesaver.  And my little red rose.
Mo-yeon: Do you think he’s here to get tested for the virus?
Argus: The virus?  Don’t worry, doctor.  We already tested negative.   The U.S. Army came in advance to test me.  Apparently, I can’t be sick.  They love me more now than when I was a Delta Force Captain.
Shi-jin: Be quick and watch your mouth.  Don’t ever say we are on the same side. 
Argus: Okay.  We can catch up next time.    I’m just here to see my Korean friend.  He was very ill.  Mr. Jin.  Can I see him now?
Shi-jin: Your friends aren’t welcome here.  So, get lost.
Argus: Well, I can always catch up with him next time.  But just one question.  I heard my stuff is here.  It’s very expensive, sparkly, and women adore it.  Can I see that instead?
Shi-jin: This is not a lost and found.  I will give you ten seconds to get out of my face.


Ja-ae: The results are back. 
Sang-hyun: Really?  Then I’m free to go.
Ja-ae: Not yet.  I haven’t told you anything yet.
Sang-hyun: A fever, headache, cough and chest pains.  My early symptoms were similar to the M3 or Ebola virus, but my skin’s still flawless, and you still look beautiful, so my eyesight’s fine.  My symptoms were from another, more common virus.  It’s called a cold. 
Ja-ae: Yes, you fool.  You had a cold.  I was so worried.  What are you doing?  Let go of me.
Sang-hyun: You hugged me first.
Ja-ae: I’m regretting it now.


Argus: Captain Big Boss, come in.  This is Argus.  Over.
Shi-jin: What the hell are you doing?  Bring back the medicine.  Now.
Argus: I’m a business man, not a soldier.  Instead of giving orders, let’s make a deal.  Bring me the diamonds if you want to get your medicines back.


Ki-bum: I don’t understand why there’s no cure even with advances in medicine. 
Ye-hwa: It’s because it’s a medicine that doesn’t sell.  If it doesn’t sell, then it doesn’t make money. 
Ki-bum: People are dying.  How can they not make it because it isn’t profitable?
Ye-hwa: That’s why people like us do things that we’re told not to do.  And we go to places where we’re told not to go.  We’re hoping for the world to change.


Shi-jin: This is Big Boss, do you copy?  Mo-yeon, listen carefully to what I say.  I will make sure I find you and save you.  You do know that I’m a great worker, right?  I’ll be there soon.  So don’t be afraid and don’t cry.  Just wait for me.  I’ll be there soon.


Government Minister: Didn’t you hear that you must keep it confidential and be on standby?  Look here, Captain Yoo.  Just because I let things pass with the VIP case before, do you think you can just ignore my words?  This nation did not put a gun in your hands for this reason.  This isn’t a matter of whether one person dies or not.  This problem is at a national level. 
Shi-jin: If the nation is indifferent to a single person’s death, that seems more problematic.  I’m not sure which nation you serve, but I will serve my nation.


Argus: Big Boss.  He’s smart, funny, and mysterious.  But, he has a lot of secrets.  He’ll disappear from time to time.  He’ll be hard to contact.  And then, one day... poof. He’ll never come back.  You should break up with him now.  This is advice, not a warning.
Mo-yeon: That kind of thing should be said with a roll of cash, and a cup of water on the side.  You can’t make me do that without giving me anything.


Shi-jin: It’s been a while.
Arab: Long time, no talk.  Is everything okay?
Shi-jin: Let me use your last card.  I need a chopper.  I have a date again.





No comments: