Wednesday, June 14, 2017

WWW ~ June 2017

Welcome to the June 2017 edition of Who's Watching What!

As you will have seen last week, we've added a new contributor.  Muahahaha.  The three of us have had a hard enough time just keeping up with what little posting we have done lately, and while Unni Maknae will be home soon, the Empress and I will likely have even less time for the rest of this summer.  We're all looking forward to having Milady on board.

With no further ado, check out the June dramas!


KOREAN
~ The Best Hit
Empress: From description...no...from glimpses I've seen on tumblr I'm tempted...from what else I've heard...I really don't think it'll interest me. But...Imighthaveaddedittomylistforsomeunknownreason. XD {<-- probable reason being Yoon Shi Yoon.}
Ambassador: Well, I was going to stay that although YSY and Lee Se Young (hilarious actress + great in Vampire Detective) make it tempting... probably not, at least not until after it’s done airing.  Then I saw some trailers and read another synopsis and now it's a strong possibility.
Just sayin', watching Yoon Shi Yoon create scandals is going to be terrific.
Unni: -
Milady: Okay, while this sounds kind of interesting, it doesn't sound interesting enough.


~ Duel
Empress: Yes. Already on my list. I don't know WHEN I'll get to it...but I am very intrigued. {And Circle is killing it right now, so...Korean science fiction is going to make me happy for a while.}
Ambassador: YES.  It looks FASCINATING.   OCN usually has gritty but interesting thrillers. 
Unni: -
Milady: Okay, this sounds like a cool storyline, but it's a thriller.  Nope, not watching it.


~ Forest of Secrets
Empress: I'm a little bored with the lacks-emotion storyline...Dr. Frost I enjoyed, but...how many can you repeat...
Ambassador: Rather a typical k-storyline in many respects, it still sounds pretty interesting (and Lee Joon Hyuk plays second lead), though I doubt I’ll have time for it.  It’s the kind of thing the Empress usually tries, though, so I’ll wait and see if she says it’s good.
Empress: *sees what the Ambassador said* LOLLL okay, the title did intrigue me a little bit. We'll see if it manages to snag me and then I'll see that it gets you, too. XD
Ambassador: Ever my delightfully evil drama angel. :D
Unni: -
Milady: Sorry, this one just sounds weird!


~ Woman of Dignity
Empress: Have you guys SEEN the posters for it? I have zero interest in the plot, but Kim Hee-Seon being scary and gorgeous intrigues me. It's probably a good thing I have no time for it. XD
Ambassador: From the synopsis, I seriously doubt it, though posters are making it super tempting.  (Pfft, Empress, for Kim Hee-seon, you’d watch a lot, so you’re probably going to try it out at some point anyway.)
Unni: -
Milady: Nope.



CHINESE
~ Princess Agents
Empress: Wow....I am intrigued. The odds are not good at all, but I'm adding it to my list. XD
Ambassador: I’ve been waiting for this for a long time.  YES, definitely, especially with Lin Geng Xin and this storyline.  Definitely.  Hu Bing also stars (Ice Fantasy's Fire King).
Unni: -
Milady: Whoa!!  This is quite the story, but not really my cup of tea.  Besides, I can just have the Ambassador tell me the story as she watches it.
Ambassador: I aim to please.


~ Late Night Restaurant/Midnight Diner
Empress: nawww....
Ambassador: Nooooope.  Not my type.
Unni: -
Milady: Sounds cute, but probably not.


~ Blooming Flowers Shall Send Us on Our Way
Empress:  I kinda like the title, and of course I ALWAYS POINT OUT THAT BASED ON A NOVEL INTERESTS ME, but...the rest does not intrigue me.
Ambassador: Nope, not my thing.  I’ll leave it to Unni or Milady.
Unni: -
Milady: Now I might watch this one.  I've yet to watch a Chinese drama.


~ Coffee Prince Lab
Empress: Naw.
Ambassador: China's version of Coffee Prince.  Unni, you saw the Korean version, right?  I haven't seen the Korean version yet, and probably won't watch this even after I do.
Unni: -
Milady: Ehhh, maybe.


~ Best Arrangement
Empress: ....nope.
Ambassador: How...sweet.  Not my type though.
Unni: -
Milady: Nah.


~ Advisors Alliance
Empress: *WAILS BECAUSE TIME* I'm trying to not add more dramas. Why does no one understand this?? 50 episodes??
Ambassador: A 50 EPISODE DRAMA ON SIMA YI.  SERIOUSLY??? YES, I’M WATCHING THIS.  TOTALLY.  THE MINUTE IT’S SUBBED. ALL THE PRETTY.  BLOOD.  POWER.  POLITICS.  CATFIGHTS.  Gimme.
Unni: -
Milady: Uhhhhhhh....NO!!


~ Stairway to Stardom 
[Orlando Bloom and Wang Ziwen will cameo.] 
Empress: I'm going to find the Orlando Bloom cameo on youtube and call it good. XD
Ambassador: Not really my thing, but if the synopsis is correct and Orlando Bloom will be cameoing, then I'll find out what episode that is and watch it or part of it.
Unni: -
Milady: I see 'Orlando Bloom' and I say, YES PLEASE!!!  I'll probably watch this.


~ My Ruby My Blood
Empress: a) so sick of poor girls with terrible families...can we have a poor girl where everybody is trying hard? and dump the loser boyfriend? b) A jewelry manager who discovers a talented designer actually makes sense, unlike a lot of these rich/poor dramas. c) I like the title, weirdly. d) Positives do not outweight the negatives in my case. XD
Ambassador: Nicky Wu sure makes this tempting, though as a rule I don't go for rom coms, Chinese even less than Korean or Japanese.
Unni: -
Milady: Jewelry, maybe.


~ Love ’til the End of Summer
Empress: That sounds so depressing.
Ambassador: Nooooope.  Not my type.
Unni: -
Milady: I don't think so.


~ My Girlfriend's Boyfriend
Empress: That sounds like a total mess. XD No, thanks.
Ambassador: At first I thought it might be a Chinese drama version of the American movie (which was amusing).  But this sounds like the latest retelling/adaptation of the manga ‘Absolute Boyfriend’.  I have no plans to watch it.
Unni: -
Milady: I saw the title and immediately thought of the American movie.  But I don't think I'll watch this.


~ Angelo
[Cversion of the kdrama Thank You from 2007, with Jang Hyuk and Gong Hyo Jin, also Shin Sung Rok.]
Empress: Gah. No. Marriage Contract was way plenty enough outside my usual, and sad enough to last me several more years. I'm not going to watch a similarly heartbreaking Chinese drama.
Ambassador: you want heartbreak?  WATCH THIS.  I’ll probably check it out for Liu Shi Shi at some point.
Unni: -
Milady: This sounds sad, but sweet.  Maybe.



TAIWAN
~ Q Series: A Boy Named Flora A
Empress: Nope.
Ambassador: Nah, I don't watch the Q series.
Unni: -
Milady: Sounds boring.



THAI
~ Game Maya
Empress: ....I am intrigued....I will probably wait to hear about it from somebody else, but maybe. XD
Ambassador: Sounds pretty interesting, actually.  I'll probably check it out if I ever get a spare minute.  Ha.
Unni: -
Milady: At first I thought, nah, but then I re-read the synopsis.  I might watch it.



RECAP: Our Top May Picks
Empress:
DUEL. Given how many May dramas I'm in the middle of, nobody else gets to be top picks XD

Ambassador:
Duel
Princess Agents
Advisors Alliance

Unni:
--------

Milady:
Blooming Flowers Shall Send Us on Our Way
Stairway to Stardom
Game Maya



What June dramas will YOU be watching?


1 comment:

Faith said...

I keep hearing good things about The Best Hit. I might check it out. Especially for all the 2 Days 1 Night cameos!!!!! :D :D