Friday, May 19, 2017

WWW ~ April 2017

At this point I'm just going to say I really have no idea how soon posts are going to start being on time.  All 3 of us are crazy busy right now.  On the bright side, this summer we should at least have a bit more regularity in posting!

That said, here is April's WWW.


KOREAN
~ Chicago Typewriter
Empress: *grins* This definitely makes me curious. Of course I'll check it out.
Ambassador: YES, definitely, this looks like it will be HILARIOUS.  Plus Yoo Ah In and Go Kyung Pyo- who does serious comedy well.  TVN has had several good dramas lately and this writer also wrote Kill Me, Heal Me.  Sign me up.
Unni: This sounds beyond awesome...also Yoo Ah In. I haven’t seen him in anything but S-Scandal but I want to see more!!!


~ Queen of Mystery
Empress: I would have said no...I don't think Kwon Sang Woo is enough to make me watch this...not even with His Total Adorableness Lee Won Geun...but then on a whim I started it with my sister {mostly because we couldn't get going on Man to Man}, and I am howling. It's got some off humor and some completely unrealistic moments, but it's also hilarious the rest of the time. I don't know where it's going...there's a lot of frank discussion about divorce, family, one's worth as a person, and where one keeps their dreams...but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching it for a while.
Ambassador: Hmmmmm, well, it could be super interesting, especially considering she's married.  (Is this going to be another wannabe adultery drama????) I'll probably try it at some point.
Unni: -


~ Unni is Alive
Empress: ...I'm...not intrigued.
Ambassador: I have nothing against the plot itself- sounds interesting- but I would very likely be bored to tears in the first episode, and since it's a long, weekend drama I'd probably be bored to death pretty shortly.  I'd like to stay alive so I won't be watching it.
Unni: -


~ My Secret Romance
Empress: That's a terrible synopsis, lol. But I /am/ interested in what Sung Hoon does with it...I'll see what the Ambassador and possibly the Unni think of it and go from there. :)
Ambassador: SUNG HOON IN A LEAD ROLE FOR A LONGER DRAMA, FINALLY.  YEEEEES PLEEEEEASE.  rom com or not, I'll watch it for him.  I've been waiting for him to get some good lead roles.
Unni: -


~ Man to Man
Empress: Ohhhhh, yeah. Me + watching this = definitely happening. 
Ambassador: I HAVE BEEN TRACKING THIS LIKE A HOUND DOG EVER SINCE IT WAS ANNOUNCED, GOBBLING UP STILLS AND EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION.  I'M ABSOLUTELY WATCHING IT.  PLOT + PARK HAE JIN, PARK SUNG WOONG AND YEON JUNG HOON ALL IN THE SAME DRAMA WITH CHUN HO JIN IN A MINOR ROLE AND SONG JOONG KI CAMEOING.  YEEEES.  PLEASE DRAMA, BE GOOD.
Unni: -


Webdramas:
~ The Boy Next Door
Empress: If my endless list of MUST WATCHES would quit strangling me I might consider it, but no.
Ambassador: Webdramas tend to highlight up and coming, SUPER NEW stars, or be brief money makers for established idols.  There’s no one I really want to see in this one and the plot isn't interesting enough either.
Unni: -


~ Girls War
Empress: That does sound cute. And possibly interesting. But not interesting enough considering I haven't had time to finish W yet. !!!
Ambassador: Hmm, well, cute plot but no, I just don't have the time.
Unni: -
Ambassador: Empress, I'm going to sit on you until you finish Bad Guys and W.


CHINESE
~ The Glory of Tang Dynasty 2
Empress: Novel + love/great things for country...I like how that sounds. I'm still watching General and I, though, so...maybe someday....XD
Ambassador: Sequel to one that aired earlier this year.  Jing Tian and Mao Zi Jun are in this.  The synopsis is the same as the earlier drama, but hey, PALACE POLITICS.  I’m a sucker for those dramas so yeah, I’m watching it.
Unni: -


~ The Surgeon
Empress: Wow, bummer life. But it's a hospital drama, so I most likely won't touch it. XD
Ambassador: Sounds like a good thriller, but someone else can have the honor of trying it, thanks anyway.
Unni: -


~ Blind Date
Empress: ....wow. That is intriguing. But it doesn't grab me as a must-watch.
Ambassador: A CHINESE version of an ARGENTINE drama.  That's got to be INTERESTING.  Considering the insane (but hilarious) amount of makjang usually present in Argentine dramas, it should work just fine.  I'm strongly tempted to try it just to see what it's like... but it won't happen anytime soon.
Unni: -


~ What a Wonderful Life
Empress: Heh. Well, sounds like a far wiser life-plan than a lot of people in dramas have after emotional entanglements, but...not enough to watch.
Ambassador: ...good for her, but the only connection with organic vegetables that I have time for is eating them, so no.
Unni: -


~ The Super Royal Highness
Empress: .....a shape-changing llama...what...This sounds insane and I'm laughing just about the synopsis.
Ambassador: An hour-and-a-half drama special, sounds absolutely hilarious, yes, if I can find it, I'll watch it late some night when I'm tired and in the mood for crazy.
Unni: -


~ Growing Up Together
Empress: That is NOT the way to raise a child...but it is at least a different kind of story line. Interesting...maybe not enough to knock anything off my list, though...
Ambassador: Wow, I'm not sure whether to have more sympathy for the child or the parents.  Either way, this sounds pretty good and I might consider trying it at some point.
Unni: -


~ Insect Mahjong Museum
Empress: LOL I always enjoy seeing how a strange plot becomes even more insane when horribly translated...and ah, no, this does not sound like something I'd enjoy watching...
Ambassador: Well.  NO???  Sounds... wacky, and not in a way that I'm likely to love, just keep raising my eyebrows higher, but at some point they can't go any higher, so I'll save them the stretching out.
Unni: -


~ Fresh Teachers
Empress: Cut the Chaos of Chaos is the single thing that interested me in that mess. It just had a ring to it. The rest of it...nope.
Ambassador: Also called ‘fresh meat teacher’, which... could go one of at least 3 ways and none of them for polite conversation.  Re: the drama, naaah, not my thing.
Unni: -


~ Operation Love
Empress: Baha...maybe should I ever finish Operation Proposal...wait, is this the Chinese remake of the Japanese drama of which Operation Proposal was a remake? HUH. Well, if I haven't yet finished the one with Yoo Seung Ho in it, I'm not watching one for Lay...XD
Ambassador: Starring EXO's Lay.  Er, no.  *shoves it over to Unni*
Unni: -


~ The Queen Returns
Empress: *eyes spin* XD Once I get solidly into historical Chinese dramas maybe I'll start more on the Chinese rom-com angle...XD This does sound possibly enjoyable.
Ambassador: This actually sounds HILARIOUS.  Though wow, Chinese dramas and their 'coincidences'.
Unni: -


~ Song of Phoenix
Empress: oooh...that sounds like a good combination...and I like its name...and...yeah, this is one I might watch. XD
Ambassador: There's been A LOT of buzz around this one.  I like slave/noble storylines and of course, adore palace politics and country saving dramas, so this one is pretty high on my list.
Unni: -


~ Fighter of the Destiny
Empress: I need to start hopping through the trials and tribulations of my life...XD It sounds intriguing...though I don't know if I'm caught enough to break my list again...
Ambassador: This sounds GREAT, and features Luhan and Guli Nazha.  I'm adding it to my list, if for no other reason than to find out what a 'promise of marriage scroll' is.
Unni: -


~ Ice Fantasy Destiny
Empress: ............Okay, this caught my attention. I haven't gotten to start Ice Fantasy yet, but...the trailer for this looks FASCINATING. I need to watch them both. I need to...At some point I and my list both will implode and become a massive black hole.
Ambassador: WHOA, WHAT THE HECK?  THEY DID A SCARLET HEART ON THIS AND MADE A MODERN VERSION?  HOLY COW, I’VE GOT TO SEE THIS AT ONCE.  They brought back almost everyone for the main cast, too, only substituting Kitty Zhang for Victoria Song.  I tend to prefer Victoria to Kitty BUT HOLY COW AM I GOING TO WATCH THE HECK OUT OF THIS DRAMA.
IN FACT, although I haven’t yet finished Ice Fantasy, I’m going straightaway to start this drama.  TODAY. 
Unni: -


TAIWANESE
~ The Teenage Psychic
Empress: Erm...nah...not my type of story...
Ambassador: Weeeeell, not usually my thing and sounds like it might cross over into ghosts, which I don't usually watch.  Probably not.
Unni: -


~ The Masked Lover
Empress: Wow. It's been quite a while since I considered a Taiwanese drama, but...this one...My black hole destiny nears.
Ambassador: I usually wind up rolling my eyes over Taiwanese synopses and moving on but THIS ONE actually sounds super intriguing.  It might wind up being my second Taiwanese drama.
Unni: -


~ Family Time
Empress: In the end, I will live my life and spend time with my own family if that's all the drama is going to be about...
Ambassador: ....it's probably going to be makjang, or at least slow.  I'm not sure my Wonder Woman skills extend to stretching my drama list past humanly possible limits and this isn't going to be the drama I use to test it.
Unni: -


CANTONESE
~ My Dearly Sinful Mind
Empress: Definitely an intriguing idea, but not going on my list for multiple reasons.
Ambassador: iiiiiiiiinteresting, but not likely to tempt me.
Unni: -


~ The No No Girl
Empress: Huh. There's nothing there that interests me at all. Sad.
Ambassador: BOOOOOOOOORIIIIING.
Unni: -


THAI
~ Cheewit Puer Kah Huajai Puer Tur
Empress: ooooh...okay, that is intriguing. It might to go the bottom of my list, but unlike many of these it might actually get on it. XD
Ambassador: I’ve never seen a Thai drama but this one has me suuuuper curious.  I'm going to check it out.
Unni: -


~ Princess Hours: Thai
Empress: I have the Korean one on my list, and I think it will stay there...if I ever GET to it, I might consider this one...though I haven't had much luck with ever getting through various versions of the same drama.
Ambassador: I haven’t seen the Korean version yet so I won't be trying this one.  This is much more Unni's comfort zone than mine. 
Unni: -


Readers, which April dramas have YOU watched or do you plan on watching?

1 comment:

Faith said...

Hmm, I haven't really dived into any May dramas other than My Secret Romance. I like the drama, though I fast-forward everybody but the main couple lol. Cuz literally everyone else is beyond boring.